16. Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17. Learn to do well; seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
18. Come now, and let us reason together, says the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19. If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land:
20. But if you refuse and rebel, you will be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the Lord
has spoken it.
5. Put to death therefore the things of your body which is upon the earth;
sexual immorality, impurity, inordinate affection, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6. For which things' sake the wrath of God comes upon the children of disobedience:
7. In the which you also walked some time, when you lived in them.
8. But now also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that you have put off the old man with his deeds;
10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so
do you also.
14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body;
and be thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17. And whatsoever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.