1. After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and
the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with
me; which said, Come up here, and I will show you things which will come
2. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in
heaven, and one sat on the throne.
3. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone:
and there was a rainbow round about the throne, that looked like an
4. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the
seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white clothing;
and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
5. And out of the throne proceeded lightning and thunder and
voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne,
which are the seven Spirits of God.
6. And before the throne there was a sea of glass like crystal: and
in the midst of the throne, and round about the throne, were four beasts
full of eyes before and behind.
7. And the first beast was like a lion, and the second beast like a
calf, and the third beast had a face as a man, and the fourth beast was
like a flying eagle.
8. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they
were full of eyes within: and they rest not day and night, saying, Holy,
holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come.
9. And when those beasts give glory and honor and thanks to him that
sat on the throne, who lives for ever and ever,
10. The four and twenty elders fall down before him that sat on the
throne, and worship him that lives for ever and ever, and cast their
crowns before the throne, saying,
11. You art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for
you have created all things, and for your pleasure they are and were
1. And I saw in the right hand of him that sat on the throne a book
written within and on the backside, sealed with seven seals.
2. And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, Who is worthy
to open the book, and to undo the seals ?
3. And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able
to open the book, neither to look in it.
4. And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read
the book, nor to look in it.
5. And one of the elders said to me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of
the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the book,
and to undo the seven seals.
6. And I beheld, and, saw, in the midst of the throne and of the four
beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been
slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of
God sent forth into all the earth.
7. And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat
upon the throne.
8. And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty
elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and
golden vials full of odors, which are the prayers of saints.
9. And they sung a new song, saying, You art worthy to take the book,
and to open the seals: for you were slain, and have redeemed us
to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and
10. And have made us kings and priests to our God: and we shall reign
on the earth.
11. And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels round about the
throne and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten
thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
12. Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to
receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, honor, and glory,
13. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under
the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I
saying, Blessing, and honor, and glory, and power, be to him that sits upon the throne, and to the Lamb for ever and ever.
14. And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell
down and worshipped him that lives for ever and ever.