1. To the angel of the church of Ephesus write; These things says he
that holds the seven stars in his right hand, who walks in the midst
of the seven golden candlesticks;
2. I know your works, and your labor, and your patience, and how you
cannot not bear them which are evil: and you have tried them which say
they are apostles, and are not, and has found them liars:
3. You have borne, and have had patience, and for my name's sake have
labored, and have not fainted.
4. Nevertheless I have somewhat against you, because you have left your
5. Remember therefore from where you have fallen, and repent, and do
the first works; or else I will come to you quickly, and will remove
your candlestick out of his place, except you repent.
6. But this you have, that you hate the deeds of the Nicolaitans,
which I also hate.
7. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the
churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the tree of life,
which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
8. And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things says
the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;
9. I know your works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but you are rich)
and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not,
but are the synagogue of Satan.
10. Fear none of those things which you shall suffer: behold, the devil
shall cast some of you into prison, that you may be tried; and you shall
have tribulation ten days: be faithful to death, and I will give you a crown of life.
11. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the
churches; He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death.
12. And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things says
he which has the sharp sword with two edges;
13. I know your works, and where you live, even where Satan's seat
is: and you hold fast my name, and have not denied my faith, even in
those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among
you, where Satan dwells.
14. But I have a few things against you, because you have there them
that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a
stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed
to idols, and to commit sexual immorality.
15. You also have some that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans,
which thing I hate.
16. Repent; or else I will come to you quickly, and will fight
against them with the sword of my mouth.
17. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the
churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna,
and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written,
which no man knows saving he that receives it.
18. And to the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things says the
Son of God, who has his eyes like a flame of fire, and
his feet are like fine brass;
19. I know your works, and charity, and service, and faith, and your
patience, and your works; and the last to be more than the first.
20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, which calls herself a prophetess, to
teach and to seduce my servants to commit sexual immorality, and to eat things
sacrificed unto idols.
21. And I gave her space to repent of her immoraltiy; and she repented
22. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery
with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall
know that I am he which searchs the reins and hearts: and I will give
to every one of you according to your works.
24. But to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not
this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they
speak; I will put upon you no other burden.
25. But that which you have already hold fast till I come.
26. And he that overcomes, and keeps my works to the end, to him
will I give power over the nations:
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a
potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28. And I will give him the morning star.
29. He that has an ear, let him hear what
the Spirit says to the churches.
1. And to the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things says he
that has the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know your
works, that you hast a name that you live, and are dead.
2. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready
to die: for I have not found your works perfect before God.
3. Remember therefore how you hast received and heard, and hold fast,
and repent. If therefore you shalt not watch, I will come on you as a
thief, and you shalt not know what hour I will come upon you.
4. You hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their
garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.
5. He that overcomes, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I
will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess
his name before my Father, and before his angels.
6. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the
7. And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things
says he that is holy, he that is true, he that has the key of David,
he that opens, and no man shuts; and shuts, and no man opens;
8. I know your works: behold, I have set before your an open door, and no
man can shut it: for you have a little strength, and have kept my word,
and have not denied my name.
9. Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they
are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and
worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you.
10. Because you hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep you from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world,
to try them that dwell upon the earth.
11. Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which you have, that no man
take your crown.
12. Him that overcomes will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and
he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God,
and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new
13. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the
14. And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; these
things says the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of
the creation of God;
15. I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot: I wish that you
were cold or hot.
16. So then because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will
spew you out of my mouth.
17. Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have
need of nothing; and don't know that you art wretched, and miserable,
and poor, and blind, and naked:
18. I counsel you to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that you may
be rich; and white raiment, that you may be clothed, and that the shame
of your nakedness does not appear; and anoint your eyes with
eyesalve, that you may see.
19. As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and
20. Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice,
and open the door, I will come in to him, and will eat with him, and he
21. To him that overcomes will I grant to sit with me in my throne,
even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the