Prophecy about Babylon of the Chaldee's day of judgment
Isaiah 13:1. The burden about Babylon, which Isaiah the son of Amoz
saw. 2. Lift up a banner upon the high mountain, shout to them,
wave the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles. 3. I have commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for
my anger, even them that rejoice in my highness. 4. The noise of a multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the Lord of
armies musters the armies of battle. 5. They come from a far country, from the end of heaven, even the Lord, and the weapons of his indignation, to destroy the whole land.
6. Wail; for the day of the Lord is at hand; it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty.
7. Therefore shall all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt:
8. And they shall be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in pain as a woman that
give birth: they shall be amazed one at another; their faces shall be as flames.
9. Behold, the day of the Lord comes, cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate: and he shall destroy the sinners
out of it. 10. For the stars of heaven and the constellations shall not give their light: the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not cause her light to shine.
11. And I will punish the land for their evil, and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the
arrogance of the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the
tyrants. 12. I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the
fine gold of Ophir. 13. Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the Lord of
armies, and in the day of his fierce anger. 14. And it shall be like a gazelle
being chased , and as a sheep that no man takes up: they shall every man turn to his own people, and flee every one into his own land.
15. Every one that is found shall be thrust through; and every one that is joined
to them shall fall by the sword. 16. Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled, and their wives ravished.
17. Behold, I will stir up the Medes against them, which shall not regard silver; and as for gold, they shall not delight in it.
18. Their bows also shall dash the young men to pieces; and they shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eye shall not spare children.
19. And Babylon, the glory of kingdoms, the beauty of the Chaldees' excellence, shall be as when God overthrew Sodom and Gomorrah.
20. It shall never be inhabited, neither shall it be dwelt in from generation to generation: neither shall the Arabian pitch tent there; neither shall the shepherds make their fold there.
21. But wild beasts of the desert shall lie there; and their houses shall be full of
howling creatures; owls shall dwell there, and Satyrs shall dance there.
22. Hyenas will cry in its towers, and jackals in the pleasant palaces; its time is close at hand and its days will not be prolonged.
© 2009 Daniel Martinovich