1. Arise, shine; for your light is come, and the glory of the Lord is
risen upon you.
2. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness
the people: but the Lord shall arise upon you, and his glory shall be
seen upon you.
3. And the Gentiles shall come to your light, and kings to the
brightness of your rising.
4. Lift up your eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves
together, they come to you: your sons shall come from far, and your
daughters shall be nursed at your side.
5. Then you shall see, and flow together, and your heart shall fear, and
be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted to
you, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto you...... 14. and
they shall call you; The city of the Lord, The Zion of the Holy One of
1. In the first year of Belshazzar king of Babylon Daniel had a dream
and visions of his head upon his bed: then he wrote the dream, and told
the sum of the matters.
2. Daniel spoke and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the
four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.
3. And four great beasts came up from the sea, diverse one from
another......17. These great beasts, which are four, are four kings,
which shall arise out of the earth.
41. How is Sheshach taken! and how is the praise of
the whole earth surprised! how is Babylon become an astonishment among
42. The sea is come up upon Babylon: she is covered with the
multitude of the waves thereof.
43. Her cities are a desolation, a dry land, and a wilderness, a land
wherein no man dwells, neither does any son of man pass thereby.
3. Therefore thus says the Lord God; Behold, I am
against you, O Tyrus, and will cause many nations to come up against
you, as the sea causes his waves to come up.
1. And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out
of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten
crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.
2. And the beast which I saw was like a leopard, and his feet were as
the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon
gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
47. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a
net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: